Friday, September 6, 2013

3) The Corporate Hippie that arrived at High Noon


"I have had a bit of trouble with my internet provider with the past 24 hours and deactivated my account. Michelle and I were finished with the assignments last night and I tried reactivating my account once more using their easy 24 hour line and no dice on their part. This morning I managed to pass three hours just waiting for them to pick up my line for the reactivation process and tada! We're posting up our work right now!"
-Rylen Sheche

As you have read, I was with Rylen and we had a heck of a time trying to get the wifi back on so that we don't have this happen again in the near future. So all is hunky dory now. Lets hope this doesn't happen again.

Another apology for the appearance of my work, not only did we have problems with the wifi at home but not the color in my PNG files has gone from a rich black to a dark gray. Was trying my hand with CS6 Illustrator and I do think I missed a step somewhere. I assure you that my images were worked with black.






2 comments:

  1. 1. corporate: this works. strong, simple but the type is the only that is holding the logo back a bit. increase the size and cycle through your font to have it a bit more bold to where its still legible even from a far stand point. increase the font size and it should work.

    2. environmentalist: the oil spill is a nice touch. though it might be geared a different way. (batman supporting the oil rig destruction?) try to making it to where batman would want to destroy the oil spill situations. more environmentalist conscience.

    3. Southwest: good idea with the bandit theme that correlates with the southwest. bullet holes are a nice touch. though the white space with his mouth might draw more with your eye than the font. try to make the font a bit larger to compensate for the cape size. when i stand back a few feet the type disappears. make the type larger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - Works well and can be inverted or used with any other color. Simple and corporate-ish. The BM is way too small though if it is downsized. Yet I think any bigger typeface or resizing of the letters would throw off the balance. I think its possible to push the clousure a bit more without losing anything. Also if BM was corporate I think this could be used for large scale stuff but not anything really small.

    2 - Have you considered giving the lava lamp bubbles a bit variation on their light source rather than making it all the same only different sizes. Also I'm not really getting the feel of oil spill cause oil would not have been in such a solid form - I'm considering oil spills in the ocean which look hazy. I know this can be pushed further to be more against oil spills (cause Rabi has a point it could been seen as Batman supports it.)

    3 - Nice! Its more of a mixture of lone ranger and zorro. Has a nice texture to the edges but his face is too detailed and sharp. It doesn't tie together with the cape and letters. Looks to modern. It could be used effectively as a logo but to carry the southwestern look... hmm... not so much. Its very cowboy-ish which is southwestern so I guess it could carry the concept.

    ReplyDelete